> On 24 Aug 2016, at 10:07, Gour <g...@atmarama.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 09:38:20 +0200
> stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>> Looking at bugs is really difficult. There are not enough people
>> looking and fixing bugs.
>
> just a short note from a Pharo noob...it is, imho, very strange that one
> cannot even take a look at bugs *without* creating account at tracker.
>
> By having ability to, at least, skim at bugs and see if there are some
> low-hanging fruits to tackle, maybe more work could be accomplished?
>
> Having issue tracker closed for the public emits, imho, not very
> friendly signal to potential contributors.

yes, this is bad but fogbugz is a company that does issue tracking for big
companies, not open source projects so they do not have this feature. You may
ask then why we use them… is because we used to use google issue tracker and
when they dropped support we needed some replacement. Long story short, none of
the open issue tracker offered what we needed and fogbugz people kindly offered
to give us a free account.
Now we would like to solve this problem but is hard to leave because migration
is a lot of work and also (very important) because maybe fogbugz does not looks
super cool, but is an *excellent* tool for tracking our issues… so we would
need to find time to define a news process if we want to use, for example
github or atlassian…

cheers,
Esteban