On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:09 PM, Tudor Girba <tu...@tudorgirba.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this is an interesting idea.
>
> However, one thing to keep in mind is that one reason why these solutions
> exist is because they assume no UI environment. Thus, the only thing they
> have is text and the solution is built around it.
>
> In Pharo, we can think of concatenating information in the environment. If we
> have a casual connection between examples and the code they exemplify, the
> interface can provide all this information at the same time. The advantage
> here is that the syntax remains simple.
>
> At the same time, we also want to have Pillar more thoroughly supported in
> our tools. Could it be that we could extend Pillar to support literate
> programming?

Just I backup this idea. You should have a look to http://orgmode.org/
with babel mode that allows to mix different programming languages in
the same document: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/

Lot of ideas should be borrowed for doing a better Pillar I guess.
The only problem of org-mode is that you don't have the link to the
live environment that we are used to.
Having a org-mode clone in Pharo (i.e Pillar+++) would be great.

At the same time, this is a long term solution.
We also need an immediate solution like the one proposed by Stéphane.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)