+ 1

Changing the language metamodel for simple validated comments is a huge effort for nothing.

Clement is good at VM level but not at other level :)

Stef

Le 16/9/16 à 14:18, Denis Kudriashov a écrit :

    Why don't you just change nautilus to have two text areas, one
    with the test corresponding to the method and the other one with
    the method's code ?

    You're saying:
    /Their values is active documentation that can be automatically
    validated./
    That can also be applied to test we've already had with SUnit. If
    the only difference you want is to display the test next to the
    method, then it's an IDE problem, nothing has to be changed but
    the IDE.

    In python they have no other choices than putting tests in
    comments because their IDE is a text editor, they cannot create
    other panes or anything like that.

It is of course true. But Stef suggestion is really much much simpler. It is just convention how to write examples inside comments. Then tools could work with them and Nicolai already provide simple extension for Nautilus. We already has a lot of comments with examples inside. Making them discoverable and testable will be nice.