The thing that annoy me the most with C2 is that almost each time I googled
Smalltalk when I wasstill a beginner with Pharo and Smalltalk this came up
often

http://wiki.c2.com/?WhyIsSmalltalkDead

But yes I agree, its nice to have a place to put information and never
worry about it getting delete.

On the matter of Slack, my Discord bot , lighthouse has evolved to message
the online chat with replies to the mailing list which gave a good look
inside how chat bots work. Esteban made me admin in Slack so the next step
is to have the bot connect to Slack and copy the Slack messages to Discord
chat , which means you wont need a Slack plan, because Discord never
deletes messages. This way we can use Discord as a backup for our Slack
messages and the bot could also copy the messages to a file , I am
considering SQLite which we support, so that we never lose the content.

Problem solved and it also solves the problem of fragmentation. The mailing
list is already connected to Discord via my bot, Slack will also connect to
discord via my bot and pretty much anything else can be brought into this
hub so everyone can keep using Slack or whatever way he or she prefers to
communicate without the fear of fragmentation.