May be Herman is expressing some level of frustrations resulting from
important changes occurring in the system release after release.
Your listing of changes may afraid him even more ;-)

>From my point of view, Pharo is changing too fast to follow what's up
and to adapt code. I am still lagging with Pharo3 on Dr.Geo :) But I am
only an amateur programmer, professional programmer may fell just fine
with this pace of change.

But anyway, because of its energy and community, Pharo is definitely the
best free Smalltalk horse around.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo