Isn't a couple days before release a bit late to change the default theme ?
Aren't we in feature freeze mode ?

If for marketing it makes sense to switch to the dark theme, then let's
switch to dark theme. But why not switching for Pharo 7 instead ?
Instability is bad for marketing anyway, isn't it ?

I don't mind for myself, I will always switch back with user settings to
the light theme it's more about the general perception of Pharo stability.