Exactly : logicalRight can be different than physicalRight.
If you tell me this distinction is useless, then I'll ask you to
consider touch screen and other modern input devices.
That's why I ask this community to reformulate and think.

Then you'll can argue at will whether the logical level shall be named
#right #logicalRight or #blue, I don't care.

For newer kind of events (gestures), we have a more difficult dilemna:
emulate the feel or use native OS facilities...
The question is of same nature as native look.
Even if we choose to rely on OS, we have to think of cross platform
portability and ways to emulate missing capabilities.
In other words, I doubt we can afford the elimination of a level of indirection.

Maybe it's time to refactor indeed, but please, bring up your brain
one level above this colour naming battle.
Don't replay battles of the past, turn toward the future.

Nicolas