On 14 February 2012 20:22, Lukas Renggli <reng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> students in the lecture on windows downloaded cogvm I do not from where…
>>> and used pharo1.3 and
>>> some experienced crashes.
>>
>> This has been reported at least 10 times per week since the last 6 months.
>> The VMs of the one click are FUC.. old and buggy. If nobody have time to
>> make a new one click (we are all busy), please please please, remove it from
>> the website. We give so much bad impression. It is worst than having no one
>> click.
>
> You cannot say that, because I updated the One-Click distribution less
> than a month ago:
>

> https://github.com/renggli/builder/commit/7623726096db2e3fa58eefe267c62ba171049a83
>
> People using this code get the latest available CogVM. The problem is
> that Pharo maintains its own unmaintained fork.

Huh?

See the build history:
https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/Cog-Unix/

last build 26 Jan

https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/StackVM-Mac-Cocoa-blessed/
again, last build 28 Jan.

Here just a list of changes in latest builds:
(you can find them here:
https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/Cog%20Git%20Tracker%20%28blessed%29/changes
)
Changes
#26 (Jan 26, 2012 5:33:21 PM)

    replaced spaces with tabs — camillobruni / detail

#25 (Jan 26, 2012 5:18:48 PM)

    added new pharo scropt — camillobruni / detail
    - fixed configuraiton to open a Workspace with example
configurations — camillobruni / detail
    trying to fix issues with the command line arguments — camillobruni / detail
    more work on the image script and the howto — camillobruni / detail
    tried to implemention dir_lookupEntry for Cococa OSX — camillobruni / detail
    extended howto with osx gcc change — camillobruni / detail
    fixed back opengl changes — camillobruni / detail
    fixed VM path, returning bundlepath with app name — camillobruni / detail
    implemented direEntryLookup and refactored a bit the source code —
camillobruni / detail
    more howto — camillobruni / detail
    minor change in the HOWTO — camillobruni / detail
    undoing accidental changes — camillobruni / detail

#23 (Jan 25, 2012 8:06:27 PM)

    removed deprecated calls to recordKeystroke — guillermopolito / detail
    removed unused comment — guillermopolito / detail
    removed old code — guillermopolito / detail
    removed dead code — guillermopolito / detail
    removed dead code — guillermopolito / detail
    removed lot of debug only code — guillermopolito / detail
    removed temporal file — guillermopolito / detail
    removed more debug printfs — guillermopolito / detail
    formatted the code — guillermopolito / detail
    little style change — guillermopolito / detail
    added mappings to numeric keypad — guillermopolito / detail
    added comments to unicode conversion — guillermopolito / detail
    more comments — guillermopolito / detail

For the full list of changes in VM , visit
https://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed/commits/master

but just don't say bullshit like unmaintained unmaintained VM.

Now if people do not downloading it, do not report problems, and
sticking to Eliot's VMs, it makes no sense
to do anything.
You know well, that we cannot force people to use it or not.

(i triggered new build now just to check if everything ok).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.