On 15 February 2012 00:03, Eliot Miranda <eliot.mira...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > You cannot say that, because I updated the One-Click distribution less
>> > than a month ago:
>> >

>> > https://github.com/renggli/builder/commit/7623726096db2e3fa58eefe267c62ba171049a83
>> >
>> > People using this code get the latest available CogVM. The problem is
>> > that Pharo maintains its own unmaintained fork.
>> >

>> Huh?
>>
>> See the build history:
>> https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/Cog-Unix/
>>
>> last build 26 Jan
>>
>> https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/StackVM-Mac-Cocoa-blessed/
>> again, last build 28 Jan.
>>
>> Here just a list of changes in latest builds:
>> (you can find them here:
>>
>> https://ci.lille.inria.fr/pharo/view/Cog/job/Cog%20Git%20Tracker%20%28blessed%29/changes
>> )
>> Changes
>> #26 (Jan 26, 2012 5:33:21 PM)
>>
>>    replaced spaces with tabs — camillobruni / detail
>>
>> #25 (Jan 26, 2012 5:18:48 PM)
>>
>>    added new pharo scropt — camillobruni / detail
>>    - fixed configuraiton to open a Workspace with example
>> configurations — camillobruni / detail
>>    trying to fix issues with the command line arguments — camillobruni /
>> detail
>>    more work on the image script and the howto — camillobruni / detail
>>    tried to implemention dir_lookupEntry for Cococa OSX — camillobruni /
>> detail
>>    extended howto with osx gcc change — camillobruni / detail
>>    fixed back opengl changes — camillobruni / detail
>>    fixed VM path, returning bundlepath with app name — camillobruni /
>> detail
>>    implemented direEntryLookup and refactored a bit the source code —
>> camillobruni / detail
>>    more howto — camillobruni / detail
>>    minor change in the HOWTO — camillobruni / detail
>>    undoing accidental changes — camillobruni / detail
>>
>> #23 (Jan 25, 2012 8:06:27 PM)
>>
>>    removed deprecated calls to recordKeystroke — guillermopolito / detail
>>    removed unused comment — guillermopolito / detail
>>    removed old code — guillermopolito / detail
>>    removed dead code — guillermopolito / detail
>>    removed dead code — guillermopolito / detail
>>    removed lot of debug only code — guillermopolito / detail
>>    removed temporal file — guillermopolito / detail
>>    removed more debug printfs — guillermopolito / detail
>>    formatted the code — guillermopolito / detail
>>    little style change — guillermopolito / detail
>>    added mappings to numeric keypad — guillermopolito / detail
>>    added comments to unicode conversion — guillermopolito / detail
>>    more comments — guillermopolito / detail
>>
>> For the full list of changes in VM , visit
>> https://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed/commits/master
>>
>> but just don't say bullshit like unmaintained unmaintained VM.
>

> The substantive change is the ephemeron changes.  I'm not convinced that
> this code is correct.  I'm convinced that the approach is wrong.  See my
> postings on using the format word to encode ephemeronness.

I remember that, Eliot. And i agreed with you that it is not optimal.
You also told back then, that you will introduce it soon,
so i suspended any activities in that regard.

I can revert that code from VM in no time, if you think it is the one,
which makes VM unstable.
Which i doubt, since ephemerons is not in use by image, so the code in
question simply does an empty run, resulting same
semantics as in your branch.
But i will check it once more.

--
Best regards,