Göran Krampe wrote

> SmalltalkHub has gone through some technical evolution which has taken
> some time. Especially various persistence schemes were tested and most of
> them ended up problematic, Nicolas tested a LOT of variations I think.
>
> The latest stack looks very promising though - and the reason I can
> describe it is because I am trying to help out a bit with it - though
> haven't had much time yet.

I just hadn't heard for a while and was interested :)

Göran Krampe wrote

> The client is a full Amber app built with Bootstrap 2 from Twitter. It is
> very nice looking and responsive. It communicates with the backend using
> plain jQuery REST.
>

>From a UX and UI point of view, I am very very interested in the
Amber/Bootstrap approach as UI was something I found Smalltalk trailing a
bit.

Göran Krampe wrote

> The server side is built with Seaside-REST which then uses a domain model
> described with Magritte 3 (Nicolas just switched) which is persisted using
> RiakDocument + Phriak for persistency. An interesting
> twist here is that Magritte is being used to produce the JSON
> RiakDocuments to store.

To promote Smalltalk to get more real-world business use all the work that
has gone into this could be used to put together some robustness,
scalability best practices I assume?

Anyhow, good stuff!! Glad to hear things are moving forward :)