Hi all, as part of a thesis I have been working on, I extended Smalllint to
let it check Traits and Traits specific errors.

The enviroment objects and the refactoring scope browsers now handles and
list classes and traits (before they just handled classes).  The new
refactoring scope selection is available at  "refactoring scope>selection
all behaviors" menu option.

The smalllint framework have been extended and is available at
"refactor>code critics extended".
These are some of the changes:
smalllint rules can now check traits and traits methods.
a new rule presentation schema is available, which lets to spot the place
where the error is actually located and also add extra information to the
rule result (but is more difficult to define the rules in this way).

For extra information about the changes and how can they be used you can
refer to:

http://dc.uba.ar/inv/tesis/licenciatura/2012/aizcorbe.pdf (refer to chapter
4 if you want to bypass all the conceptual background )

there was also added some rules to check Traits specific errors.

The Smalllint for Traits extension is available for pharo 1.3 and is located
in:

http://www.squeaksource.com/TesisTraitLint

the packages are organized as follows:

OBLintTraitExtension.1.3 (the smalltalk environment extension to add Traits
handling capabilities).
TraitLint.1.3                 (the Smalllint extension itself and the Traits
rules implementation).
TraitLintTest.1.3           (the unit tests for the Smalllint extension and
the rules implementation, it is not mandatory).

I hope you find this useful.
cheers