On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM, aizcorbe
<juansebastian.aizco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have taken a look to pharo 2.0 and i didn't see omnibrowser there, is it
> going to be kept? Anyway the available smalllint implementation can be
> modified to let it check traits, but without all the omnibrowser extension.
> Btw... there are 14 smalllint traits rules implemented, including unit
> tests, but in the thesis there are identified a total of 36 traits errors,
> just in case someone what to take a look or implement them.

we don't plan to include omnibrowser in Pharo 2 as nobody is
maintaining it and we have Nautilus now. Still, we would be interested
in your rules and their integration inside Nautilus (there shouldn't
be too many things to change)

> btw2... On my experience working with pharo and traits, i had many problems
> because it was usual to get errors on browsers, environments and others
> because they didn't handled traits properly.  I think it would be nice if
> the environment tools didn't differenciate (whenever it makes sense) between
> classes and traits.  In my thesis I propose the idea of behavior (since both
> define behavior) as a unifying entity for traits and classes.  In this way,
> the environment tools would handle behaviors instead of just classes.

I agree with you, a lot of work has to be done so that developers can
play with traits nicely.

Thank you for your work and thesism I'm looking forward to read it

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."