Hi,

the good thing about the current practice of putting tests into another package/application is that you can separate them from your actual code for deployment (packaging), but you can also add them to your deliverable. If you mix code and tests, there may be good points about that, but in the end the limiting factor is the developer's discipline/motivation. And to some extent the quality of tools. The current state of test runners in most Smalltalk environments is not too bad.

So I guess we need to educate people more towards writing tests, not change the place where they belong. Putting tests somewhere else than other Smalltalk's do would also start build hurdles to portability of tools between them. Would be a pity, wouldn't it?

Just my 2 cents

Joachim