On 04 Sep 2014, at 15:01, Esteban A. Maringolo <emaring...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> We are tempted to give Glorp a try.
>>
>> We've loaded version 1.7 from the configuration browser and the simple
>> things we've tested so far seem to work fine with the PostgresV2 driver.
>>
>> What is the relation between the glorp we have with the VW version?
>
> Outdated, according to Alan Knight in response to a bug I reported.
> The truth is no one knows.
not entirely true.
we know that is outdated :)
Now, our version was ported from (AFAIR) 7.1 and extended to allow our drivers.
Probably next time best path of porting is to make a bridge between VW driver
API and ours (but I didn’t estimated the amount of effort).

>> Are the two merged often?
>
> As I understand it they kind of forked, because even though GLORP has
> its own multi-dialect layers, it still was "too VW/PGSQL".
> The DBXTalk guys narrowed the gap, but still…

something like that, yeah :P

>> Unfortunately, we don't have the manpower to maintain such
>> a beast, are there many people using glorp in production? With PostgresV2?
>
> I am making a living out of two projects using GLORP+PostgresV2 since
> almost a year. So me, and my company, depends on it.
>
> I'd join an community driven "ORM Task Force" for Pharo. IMHO merging
> VW's and Pharo's version won't be an easy quest.
> While debugging GLORP I learnt a few things about its internals, and I
> think other users share the same learning process.
> So I am willing to spend some time on this. :)

cool :)

Esteban