I do agree, that nomads do not build cathedrals but there is the flip side
of the coin, why one would want to be a nomad and the great benefits coming
with being a nomad

Guido the creator of python explains it from the side of the Python
Standard library but I think it applies fine for Pharo too

http://youtu.be/EBRMq2Ioxsc?t=49m4s

he makes the point at 49th minute for a couple of minutes. Especially if
the subject of your coding is quite unconventional putting it inside a
standard distribution can be a huge wast of time that not only can offer
limited benefits but even decrease the quality of the code substantially.

Afterall the most beautiful things in life are not big at all ;)

But yes I agree that being teamplayer is extremely important too. The
balance is somewhere in between and I am a big supporter of what you trying
to do with making pharo more modular.

Thanks for the slides. I am using Pharo for a couple of years and I am
amazed how far it has come , keep up the great work.