Kilon, I repeat and paraphrase from my previous mail:

In the end, you never clearly stated why you don’t like Spec. You did not
provide any more concrete information except that your taste is different. So
please, instead of saying ‘I don’t like X’ clarify exactly what it is that you
don’t like and why. Otherwise there will never be advances and it’s annoying to
hear the same vague complaints all over again …

> On Feb 12, 2015, at 19:46, kilon alios <kilon.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If Spec was what imagine the ideal GUI API to be then I would certainly love
> it to death. But thats besides the point , I have already explained what I
> dont like about Spec in another thread as you already mentioned. You cannot
> debate personal taste, sure you can clear misconceptions but in then end
> personal taste goes a lot deeper than that. There will be people who love
> Spec and people who hate it, and the rest will be somewhere in the between.
> You claimed how harmful is for Pharo to have a fragmentation for GUI APIs , I
> expressed the opposite opinion , its not as if we will agree in the end. We
> wont, we are clearly two people with different philosophies. For you
> reimplementing/reinventing the wheel is a waste of time, for me its the
> source of the human intelligence. Also I find reinventing the wheel a great
> way to learn the inner mechanics of the wheel and gain a deeper
> understanding.
>
> You dont need my approval to move Spec forward nor my permission. You will do
> just fine without me and I sincerely hope you find those 4 developers and
> move Spec light years ahead. I dont promise to like it but I will definitely
> keep an open mind and follow your progress. Who knows maybe one day I may be
> one of those 4 developers or even many more.  But in the end I hope people
> never polarise on specific libraries and keep coming up with new fresh ideas
> and approaches even on the same problems. GTSpotter is one such example that
> has been a great addition to my workflow.
>
> And its not as if Spec is the only thing I dont like in Pharo. I dont like
> the design of new Playground and Inspector at least some parts of it I have
> already mentioned in other threads. I hated the white theme  and I am glad I
> have no need to use it anymore. I dont like monticello GUI design. Auto
> completion is messy at times etc etc. I am sure other Pharo developers have
> their own likes and dislikes.
>
> PS: I did not complain about Spec, I only said that I don't like it and in
> the context of explaining why we need alternative solutions for GUI creation,
> or at least why I need them.

PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile