> On Mar 30, 2015, at 09:23, Christophe Demarey <christophe.dema...@inria.fr>
> wrote:
>

> Le 30 mars 2015 à 09:10, Marcus Denker a écrit :
>

>>> On 29 Mar 2015, at 10:32, stepharo <steph...@free.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Before that I would like that the compiler outputs classes definition in an
>>> environment (that can be the default one) but that can be the one
>>> I want and specified from the outside of the compiler.
>>
>> For installing, it is the ClassInstaller that does that (and yes, it has an
>> environment).
>>
>> What the compiler does not have is to look up references e.g. to symbols
>> regarding to an environment, but that is because we
>> don’t have that concept right now in the system in general. globals/class
>> vars are requested from the class (which defines its environment).
>>
>> So in general, we first need a use case, else it is not clear what to do…
>
> A first use case could be to install new code in a sandbox, check if the
> the sandbox.
> It is also a part of the feature asked by Johan: install code in a sandbox
> for tests purposes and then drop it without perturbing the system.

To be clear: I want to be able to generate code (classes and methods in these
classes), and remove them when needed without it being logged in the changes
file.  This is because it may end up to be a lot of code that changes extremely
frequently, so it will pollute the change file a lot. And for debugging, I want
to be able to see the source for the methods, even though they are not in
.changes. (I will never want to version this code nor do anything else
‘serious’ with it, it’s all generated stuff).

PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile