> On 13 May 2015, at 13:21, Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com> wrote:
>
> Julien Delplanque wrote
>> I took a little time to enhance the ICal library and to make it work
>> with Pharo 4!
>
> Thanks!
>

> Julien Delplanque wrote
>> I forked the one on smalltalkhub... I wanted to make it work on pharo 4...
>> Url class that were deprecated in Pharo 3 and even removed on Pharo 4!
>
> It's a shame to cut off Squeak users/potential-contributors due to a
> slightly different Url implementation. It seems like it wouldn't be too hard
> to simply abstract the url handling. But I understand we're all working for
> free and appreciate having it working in Pharo :) OTOH, I wonder if Zinc is
> loadable in Squeak? If so, making it cross-platform again might be as simple
> as adding a dependency to the config…

honestly, the more and more the time passes the less and less we are
compatible… and this will increase will time.
if you want to keep compatibility you will have to provide compatibility
abstractions and packages (in the same way Seaside uses Grease, etc.)

now… In this particular case I didn’t see any contributor from outside Pharo
community… so is just an “abstract reflection”, not a reality… I would wait
until some one in the Squeak community decides to use it and then it creates
the compatibility layer (adding layers are usually a bad thing… specially when
they are not necessary).

Esteban