On 13/05/15 13:44, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
honestly, the more and more the time passes the less and less we are
compatible… and this will increase will time.
if you want to keep compatibility you will have to provide compatibility
abstractions and packages (in the same way Seaside uses Grease, etc.)

now… In this particular case I didn’t see any contributor from outside Pharo
community… so is just an “abstract reflection”, not a reality… I would wait
until some one in the Squeak community decides to use it and then it creates
the compatibility layer (adding layers are usually a bad thing… specially when
they are not necessary).

In this case forking is a very bad idea.

It has been maintained by Paul for squeak, pharo and gemstone.
We know that not every library will be up to date as soon as a new
version of Pharo is released. Please dump the fork and make a
compatibility package.

Stephan