If it is just the Url class, then I can't imagine the difference between the
old Url class and the new ZnUrl to be very large. An abstraction layer is
probably not needed, both should understand #asUrl and should have quite a lot
of common methods. The HTTP client is another story ;-)

On a more philosophical note, there is not much point in us trying to make
Pharo better, adding new and improved API, and then not using it because
external libraries must be compatible (of course this is the choice of the
authors).

Also, doing things x-platform in Smalltalk is hard, especially if you do not
use the other dialects. I would not want this to be a burden for newcomers to
contribute.

Julien, talk again to Paul, you wil figure something out together, I am sure.
If you need help to translate between the old and new, just ask.

Sven