Try this with Visual Studio and xCode on that level.

Avdi if you think the things you have seen so far are cool?! Well, that is just the beginning and you actually can make your environment easily even cooler,... once you have taken the first hurdles.

With GlamourToolKit, Pharo community is even bringing this to a more abstract level and I love playing with it.

I wish I was deeper into Pharo already.
Isn't there somebody who could just hack a small .st file to file-in the desired behavior that Avdi is looking for?
A temporary hack?

Cheers!
Sebastian

On 2015-05-16 1:11 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
Hi Avdi,

Welcome.

As the others mentioned, this part of Pharo is not at all ideal. Please bare with us.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 12:52 AM, Avdi Grimm <a...@avdi.org <mailto:a...@avdi.org>> wrote:

    Hey folks! I've dabbled with smalltalk here and there over the
    years, but recently I've settled in to learn Pharo in earnest. A
    few of you might have seen the videos I've been putting up; they
    seem to be making the rounds on Twitter. I just want to say I've
    felt really welcomed by all the people who have commented with
    helpful tips, or offered to help with my exploration :-)

    I've run into my first big blocker as a newcomer. Like many
    programmers I'm a fan of keeping my hands on the keyboard. Now,
    I'm more flexible on this than some. I recognize that Pharo is a
    visual environment, and it makes sense to explore it with a mouse.
    And some interactions just make more sense with a mouse.

    That said, no matter what windowing environment I'm in, I find the
    ability to quickly cycle between windows without leaving the
    keyboard pretty crucial. One Windows or Ubuntu I would normally do
    this with Alt-Tab or Super-Tab. On MacOS it's Cmd-Tab.

    I've been trying to figure out how to do this in Pharo. I've
    looked for answers with Google, SO, and on IRC, and I've come up
    blank. I'm starting to think it can't be done.

    So, I've come here for your help. Is there a way to cycle between
    windows? Or is anyone working on it? Or, perhaps, am I missing an
    element of the Pharo programming workflow which renders it unneeded?

    Many thanks,

    --
    Avdi

--