On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:41 PM, jtuc...@objektfabrik.de <
jtuc...@objektfabrik.de> wrote:

> The fact that each browser comes with its own navigation area that takes
> up about 50 percent of the real estate of the browser, however, is just
> plain wrong.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I don't think there's
anything fundamentally wrong with the four-pane approach (although there
are other perfectly valid approaches as well). But once you've found what
you're looking for, the panes take up *way* more screen space than is
necessary just to remind you where you are. It would be neat to see a
version where the panes fold away down to a "location" bar when you're not
actively navigating to a new method.

--
Avdi Grimm
http://avdi.org