I'll revisit my previous suggestion. In real life...

* a "sample" is a real object you can hold.  You ask a supplier to
"send you a sample" of their product so you can inspect it before you
buy lots.  In an industrial factory, you "take a sample" to take an
item from the process stream to the lab to analyse.  Both of these are
real objects you can hold.  In addition, Digital Signal Processing
does sampling, it doesn't do exampling.

* an "example" is one step removed from real life objects.  The maths
teacher works through an example.  Someone's behaviour can set a good
example.  A programming script can provide an example of how to do
something.  People say "for example, how about my hypothetical**
situation".  None of these refer to a real object.  Now you can use
"example" to refer to real objects, but usually second hand when you
are describing a general characteristic.  It doesn't have the same
concrete semantic of a real object as "sample".

There were other suggestions that were reasonable.  It might be better
to have one pragma that is parameterized by what sort of example it
is.

cheers -ben

** Consider for a moment, what would the world be like without
hypothetical situations?