#flush on a stream means pushing all data to the final destination, clearing
buffers, doing actual network transfers.

What can happen when you disable that ?

That some data does not arrive where it should I guess.

Mind that #close most of the time does an automatic/implicit #flush.

Anyway, I don't think disabling #flush is a real solution.