Well, Peter posted here his results on his Windows XP and it is slow on his
PC, too.

About those non-latin characters... lots of these benchmarks are made on
compilation of ASCII characters as far as I know, without our project ever
loaded. I tested whole loading also on Roassal2 package where I don't expect
non-ASCII characters (any way to find out for sure?).

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote