Tudor Girba-2 wrote
> However, I do not know where to point "JNIPortJNIInterface libraryFile:"
> to. In the original instructions for Java 1.6, the code looked like:
> JNIPortJNIInterface libraryFile:
> '/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Libraries/libclient.dylib'
>
> With JDK 1.8 (and even 1.7), the file organization seems to be different
> and the libclient.dylib does not exist.
>
> I tried to point it to libjli.dylib, which looks similar, but that does
> not
> seem to work:
> JNIPortJNIInterface libraryFile:
> '/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/MacOS/libjli.dylib'.

Hi Doru,

JLI is the Java Legacy Interface, not the VM.

AFAICT, the JVM library should be at
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/server/libjvm.dylib

Java 8 for OS X is a 64 bit version, it won't work with a 32 bit Pharo. When
I released the latest version of JNIPort, there was no 64 bit NativeBoost,
and as as JNIPort for Pharo is based on NativeBoost, I guess that it won't
work with Java 8. However, if you have Apple's original Java 6 installed,
you can still use that. An alternative JVM might be JamVM, but I can't check
right now if there is a 32 bit version as SourceForge is currently offline.

HTH
Joachim