On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Andrew Glynn <aglyn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure that those developers will ever be happy with Smallltalk.
> Unless you can do everything in VI and compile on the command line, they
> feel there's something wrong.

Perhaps you need to widen your perspective.
Just because there are fundamentalists on one side doesn't mean that
you have to became fundamentalist on the other side to balance it
out...

Pharo is full of shortcuts, because they are very useful. (And if you
are not using them you are only hurting yourself.)
The point is not to take everything to extreme, but to see what's
valuable and explore.

Peter