On 21-09-15 21:05, Andrew Glynn wrote:
I'm not sure that those developers will ever be happy with Smallltalk.  Unless
you can do everything in VI and compile on the command line, they feel there's
something wrong.

To me the prototype confirms that we could create an interface that is mostly keyboard controlled and still makes reasonable use of the large amount of screen real estate that a modern desktop offers.

I was inspired by the old user interface of MindManager that supported editing and navigating a mindmap totally with the keyboard, switching between navigation and editing mode. On a large screen, we'll be able to provide enough hints on what keys do what, to make the interface discoverable.

Stephan