there is an an SQlite wrapper for pharo

http://forum.world.st/ANN-Updated-SQLite3-wrapper-project-based-on-NB-td4798771.html

the screenshot you shared as Tudor said can be accomplished via Roassal and
Morphic.

Personally I find the whole performance question kinda irrelevant because
if you really want to squeeze the most performance code those parts in C
and call them from Pharo via its FFI. Not even Julia will able to
outperform that since itself relies on C code for performance and its quite
restrictive how you use its dynamic types to achieve high performance.

In any case there are always 3 rules, profile, profile and profile. When it
comes to performance assume nothing. In the vast majority of cases Pharo
JIT VM should be more than enough.

And if all you want to do is a business app I dont even know why you worry
about performance. Business apps they are very low demand on performance.

Pharo libraries dont get irrelevant because the language is so simple it
barely changes and the changes usually dont brake compatibility. The only
that broke AFAIK is the image format with the new Spur VM but that should
not affect libraries.

Pharo can do REPL via the playground, the whole deal is that is a lot more
than that. GUI wise you can do some pretty awesome stuff with morphic.