Hi Holger,

I took some the AttacheableFileStream from OSProcess and I changed it a bit
for OSSubprocess. If you load OSSubprocess into Pharo 5.0 [1] you can try
the following:

| reader |
reader := OSSAttachableFileStream name:'myStream' attachTo: aFileID
writable: false.
reader setNonBlocking "optional"

Then you can read via #upToEnd (or any of StandardFileStream, as
OSSAttachableFileStream is a subclass). I hope with this you can solve b).
I still didn't understand why do you mean with a). What do you mean by
"monitor it from being readable" ?

I think you could dig a bit in OSSPipe, OSSAttachableFileStream and their
usage. All classes have class comments, all methods are also documented,
and there is quite some documentation in [1].

Let me know how it goes.

Chers,

--
Mariano