On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 12:12 PM, Holger Freyther <hol...@freyther.de>
wrote:

> > On 21 Sep 2016, at 15:09, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianop...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > Exactly. I have been wanting this a couple of times while doing
> OSSubprocess.
>

> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm/pull/108. Would be nice if you
> could review it and give it a try. It adds two primitive (one to work on fd
> one to work on FILE).
>
> I probably also want to do:
>
>         sqFile->isStdioStream = isatty(fileno(file))
>

> > Yes, exactly. I remember now. And as I said, I also wanted to be able to
> work at fd or FILE* level and I failed.
>
> Could you give the above a try and then I try to get it into the
> Opensmalltalk VM.

Hi Holger,

I just reviewed the PR and it looks really good. Please, allow me some time
to get updated to the VM compiling instructions and I will give it a try.
Probably, I will be testing it by doing my original (unused now)
#name:attachToCFile:writable:  use the new primitive and running the
OSSubprocess tests. Does this make sense to you?

Thanks a LOT for going deep and fix it!

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com