On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 8:46 PM Dimitris Chloupis <kilon.al...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> because you run a very old macos version it may be possible that because
> Cairo lib has been compiled for more recent macos that this is the source
> of your problems.

Try the following commands from inside the folder you installed pharo
following my previous instructions

otool -L ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/libcairo.2.dylib

This command will print the dependencies of the library and whether your OS
libraries are enough to support this library. If one dependency fail then
the whole library may fail.

In that case you will need to locate a build for Cairo for the version of
MacOS you are using and replace the dylib file or build it yourself,

As you may imagine its very difficult for us to continue supporting very
old OS , because we are a small community.