Dale,

I try out the lock feature on an archived image, the seaside uprade was
still operating :(

I updated this image with latest Metacello, then I locked it as:

  Metacello image
    configuration: 'Seaside3';
    version: '3.1.4.2'; "most recent 3.1.x version"
    lock.

It was the version returned by this command:
ConfigurationOfSeaside3 new project currentVersion

By the way it will make sense, and will be easily discoverable to have a
short cut as "ConfigurationOfSeaside3 currentVersion"

I don't remember how I installeed Seaside in the first place, I think it
was from the configuration browser.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo