On 02/20/2017 09:08 AM, Hilaire wrote:
Dale,

I try out the lock feature on an archived image, the seaside uprade was
still operating :(
Hmm, do you think it would be possible to share your image with me ... it's bad enough that the Seaside is getting updated in a mysterious manner, but now that Metacello is ignoring locks that is even stranger ...

I'm imagining that Metacello is guessing wrong about which version of Seaside is loaded when the Metacello registry is primed (when the new version of Metacello is installed) ... The registry works best when it is used for all loads from the very beginning and that is definitely not the case in you situation, but there are enough odd things going on that I'd like to see the image for myself and at least characterize the problems that you are seeing

I updated this image with latest Metacello, then I locked it as:

   Metacello image
     configuration: 'Seaside3';
     version: '3.1.4.2'; "most recent 3.1.x version"
     lock.

It was the version returned by this command:
ConfigurationOfSeaside3 new project currentVersion

By the way it will make sense, and will be easily discoverable to have a
short cut as "ConfigurationOfSeaside3 currentVersion"
#currentVersion is where Metacello is making it's guesses . You can get the information from the registry by doing the following:

  Metacello image
    project: 'Seaside';
    list
I don't remember how I installeed Seaside in the first place, I think it
was from the configuration browser.

Yeah and I don't know what the configuration browser does when it loads ...

I'm hoping that you can share the image with me and I can look at it in detail ... The registry is supposed to eliminate all of the guess work, but I don't have that much experience with the conversion between the old and the new Metaceloo ...

I started working exclusively with the new Metacello about 4 years ago and have been waiting for a long time for Pharo to make the conversion ... I am interested in trying to make it a smooth transition ...

Dale