Or BeanShell

http://www.beanshell.org/

or Groovy
https://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/scripting-your-java-application-with-groovy/

or Spring-Shell
https://projects.spring.io/spring-shell/

Example app I am using (and extending) for Hadoop work:
https://github.com/sequenceiq/ambari-shell

When one looks inside a command, this is something easily achievable with
pragmas.

https://github.com/sequenceiq/ambari-shell/blob/master/src/main/java/com/sequenceiq/ambari/shell/commands/BasicCommands.java

There is nothing extraordinary in these pieces of tech ("pas de quoi casser
trois pattes à un canard" in French).

But we need our own house in order on the CLI. GSoC time!

Phil