Jimmie,

Since you started this thread, I have to ask.

You say you are an advocate of open source software. OK. But are you just on
the consumer side or also on the producer side ? In other words, have you
written/published/supported any non-trivial open source software ?

Are you an academic or are you involved in commercial software (i.e. have you
written closed software that you sell or otherwise make money off) ?

Sven