On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 7:45 PM, Jimmie Houchin <jlhouc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Back on topic.
>
> To my understanding, if I should port anything GPL licensed that I needed
> from some language to a C library and licensed it GPL. Then I called my new
> GPL C library via UFFI. I should have no problems at all. Is that a correct
> understanding by all?

Have you read the GPL's FAQ?
There's a whole section dedicated to combination of works (Combining work
with code released under the GPL).
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0-faq.en.html#TOCMereAggregation
.

But of course this is written by FSF, and for them GPL is not just a legal
matter, but an ethical one (and from their perspective GPL being a virus
infecting other code is a good comparison, because they really want to take
over).

Peter