Just to lead this back to the original question.  What you say is undoubtedly true.  It is not, however, necessarily something that a beginner will understand or be able to share in.  So, to a certain degree this may be a trap caused by having the excellent environment.  The newbie who is not used to it and tries to get somehow organised before diving in will be scared off.

(I do realise that this is a matter of the time being available, but the fact remains that people coming from the outside may be held back this apparent lack of information, even though it is only a lack of information external to the image. It's the difference between the converted who are already going with the flow and those who want to dip a toe into the water.)