On 2019-09-17 2:34 p.m., Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:
as I say the important issue is to provide safe
spaces via explicit or implicit rules

I understand, I just disagree. These are of course my personal opinions, others may
disagree.  "Safe spaces" are bad things, not good things; the world is not a
safe space, it is not the responsibility of others to provide one a feeling of safety in
a an online community where people merely exchange words. Words are not dangerous, you
are already safe. If you don't like what someone is saying, ignore them or mute them.
Safe space a euphemism for censorship and exclusion, people who want safe spaces want to
exclude other people who might express ideas or opinions that they disagree with. Safe
spaces are anti-free speech zones.

They are an attempt to prepare the world for the child rather than the child
for the world; they are inherently narcissistic. Intellectual discourse is
supposed to be challenging to your beliefs, you're supposed to confront ideas
you might not like or agree with and people you might have a hard time getting
along with. If you submit code to a technical forum you should expect criticism
and debate.  Technical discussions should resolve around the ideas being
presented, not around the identities of those involved, and ideas should always
be open to critique and debate. I don't care what one's sex or gender are or
what color one's skin is or political beliefs are; those things have no place
in a technical forum. I watch these groups to see discussions about technology
like Pharo, Squeak, or Seaside.

It's a rare thing to see anyone here being truly rude, there's no need for a
code of conduct, it's a non solution to a non problem intended only to divide
and punish for political ends.  Maybe I'm just getting old, but the younger
generation is far too coddled and expectant of the world to adjust to their
feelings rather than learning how to deal with the world and others who have
different ideas than they do. Safe spaces are bad ideas.

--
Ramón León