Agreed, Edward!  PayPal isn't any indication of honor, don't get me wrong.
It's first and foremost a convenience thing, even beyond how easy it is to
pay (all my eBay purchases go to tax deductions, for instance, so it's easy
to keep up with them), but at this point, it's just archaic not to accept
PayPal.  I generally only deal with sellers who have feedback that's way
above average, mind you, so I certainly don't blame the occasional sellers
who don't want to deal with the 3% fee and/or hassle of setting up an
account.  But I do stand behind PayPal 110%, having had not even one single
negative experience on any level in about 8 years of using it as often as
humanly possible.  Now that eBay has folded PayPal into their
infrastructure, any trust issues with the company and/or process are just
needless paranoia.  And every form of online trading involves risk of
scammers; it doesn't take much to float above them, especially with the
safegaurds and tips offered by eBay.  (Two rules to PayPal by in particular:
one, you never receive an email message from eBay that won't also show up in
your Messages on the actual eBay site; and two, PayPal will only address you
in emails by the name you have registered, which isn't available to
phishers, who usually address as "Dear PayPal User," etc.  And don't forget
SquareTrade!)

Nothing's perfect, of course, and to each his own, but I love me some
PayPal.  : )

best,
r.