However, his filament had low resistance, thus needing heavy copper wires to
supply it. Jim, You are an electrical engineer, how much copper would have been
necessary to provide a working low resistance lighting system for all of
England?  My understanding is that to employ a low resistance series method of
electrical distribution would have used a tremendous amount of copper therefore
the Swan system could not have been used.  If a system cannot be used even if
it works in a laboratory what good is it except for a curiosity? Steve