That's the history of innovation, no one EVER invents something in a vacuum, it
is all based on someone else's work.  Altair and many others tried to come up
with computers that were functional personal computers, the Apple ][ was the
first practical home computer system, thus Altair is forgotten and Apple is the
largest technology company in the world. Same as the OTTO-cycle engine, many
other engines were attempted but It was the first practical gas engine and thus
Nikolas Otto gets the credit because his system worked.
Bill

--
Bill Taney
Sent From My iPad