My reasons:
1) Heard of Oracle, didnt know it was a database program
2) Never heard of PostgreSQL
3) MySQL is the most talked about, from what I've seen, so there's plenty of
people to get help from
4) It's free.
5) It runs in Windows
5) NASA uses it, or so their site says
6) It works! So I've no need to switch to anything else
7) Most PHP webhosting services offer only MySQL.
8) Gotta love that lil dolphin!

and Software on your Site. http://www.phpgalaxy.com/aff/

Also, get a fast free POP3 email account, you @php.la at
http://www.phpgalaxy.com/search/