I wrote this a few month ago for the db comparaison. It's simple and you can
easily add to it:
http://zc8.com/zc8/ZC8news/shownews.php?articleid=571

As for PHP my reasons are:
* No need to typecast which makes it easier to code.
* You can have multi-dimensional multi-cast arrays which in many case can do
instead of objects.
* It's nothing to learn if you already know a modular language (pascal, c,
java...).
* It types easily within your html code and it is extremelly readable
(although you can put some effort into making it hard to read).
* No need to compile.
* It's open source
* You can compile it with Apache and with your specs.
* Many interesting module available (like Ming)
* It's very portable.
* It's widely present on web server.
* It has easy communications with databases, ftp, remote ip files, mail...
* It has great support and online reference.
* It is very well maintained.
* Lot's of sample code on the web to look at.
And I probably forget a lot