On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 06:13:54PM +0300, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> Does anybody still have anything pending for RC3?

There seems to be a serious LDAP bug. For instance the following
simple script crashes (you should be able to test it):

$ds=ldap_connect("garibaldi.venaas.no");
ldap_bind($ds,"","");
$sr=ldap_search($ds,"dc=venaas,dc=no", "relativeDomainname=www");
ldap_first_entry($ds, $sr);

I just made the following change in ldap.c (1.96)

-       le_result_entry = zend_register_list_destructors_ex(_free_ldap_result, NULL,
"ldap result entry", module_number);
+       le_result_entry = zend_register_list_destructors_ex(NULL, NULL, "ldap result
+entry", module_number);

to fix it. Someone added the destructor the last few months. It leads to
a crash because the same memory is freed twice (or more, depends on script).
I don't think it is needed, please let me know if you think otherwise. I
would rather have a memory leak than a crash anyway.

This should be a safe change, it makes things like they used to be until a
few months ago. So, I advise changing this in RC3.

Stig