> Well, George Schlossnagle already proposed to submit APC and other
> useful extensions for inclusion in PHP.
>
> http://news.php.net/article.php?group=php.dev&article=64437
>

> At the time, it was not done because Zeev said it would be necessary to
> add a directory in PHP tree for extensions that modify the behaviour of
> Zend engine and it would require a volunteer to do so.

Actually the proposal was to generate a document section for
zend_extensions, which I offered to take up and never got around to (bad
george).  Inclusion of actual zend_extensions in the code base was
rejected.

> http://news.php.net/article.php?group=php.dev&article=64471
>
> George volunteered to do it, but there seems to be no response to his
> offer after that.
>
> http://news.php.net/article.php?group=php.dev&article=64515
>
> So, could George extensions be added to PHP now? Was that directory
> created or it still needs a volunteer to do it?
>
> Regards,
> Manuel Lemos
>
> --

// George Schlossnagle
// Director of Operations
// Community Connect, Inc.
// 1024D/1100A5A0  1370 F70A 9365 96C9 2F5E  56C2 B2B9 262F 1100 A5A0