> The feature should be implemented in PHP, but not active by default. It
> should be controlled by php.ini and this value should be overwrited by
> the optional parameter in the functions.. how's that?

I think it should be switched on by default, if possible, because it is
only going to help support if the majority of installations (especially
hosters) switch it on. If its not switched on, its not going to help the
people in support channels because the feature wont be activated.

If anyone can give me some good reasons why having this extra
(unintrusive) feature on by default would be a problem to the majority (or
even 30%) of the PHP using population, then I might agree that it should
be defaulted to off.

Personally Im of the mind that, if it doesnt hinder you, it can only help.

> The only reason for even using php.ini for this, is because of phps

Agreed

--
Dan Hardiker [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
ADAM Software & Systems Engineer