Hi,

Although I have no font problem differently to yasuo, (Actually I have got
Arial Unicode MT) but I've experienced character encoding problem since
your recent patch on ext/standard/info.c.

How come you concluded that part is unnecesary?

> I really think the best solution (not perfect, but best) is to specify
> some fonts so the pages look nice, and hard code in the ISO-8859-1 font.

I think it would not be the best solution, but just the last one of best
solutions we could choose.

AFAIK, IE and Mozilla automatically substitute the font when a character
being displayed is not a part of the font which has been determined best
for the specified encoding after HTML(or XML) parsing, even if
that character is described in HTML entity form. I think there is few
browsers that may have CSS font/encoding related problem.

But I don't see XHTML conformance could be a good reason to discard the
support for encodings other than ISO-8859-1... Hmm, I could say there are
actually many users in Japan who use phpinfo() to check if the proper
value have been submitted by the browser in the proper encoding... Yet I
have to say it's always problematic because of the lack of commonly
accepted specification for the encoding(not about url-encoding) used in
url-embedded (namely I mean GET method) queries.

Regards,

Moriyoshi Koizumi