On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:53:55 -0500 "Ilia A." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On November 25, 2002 08:29 pm, Maxim Maletsky wrote:
> > Who cares? I am an Oracle fun, but this is still not my point. My point
> > is that oracle, as arguable as can be, thinks about marketing its
> > product. They biggest sales point, in fact, is not the usability and nor
> > even the documentation. Though, as a matter of fact, every usage of its
> > SQL and PLSQL programming is ported to every language.
>
> My point was that just because application XYZ does something, it does not
> mean PHP should do it to. Plus, comparing a database to a scripting language,
> how about we compare it to something equivalent, like Perl?

Yes, they are not equal. But, database and scripting language has one
thing in common - they both throw errors into any possible user on the
earth. For this, we can even compare operating systems and hotmail
footers. Fact is fact - when you make a product for the world's usage,
you need to support world's different languages. PHP already does it
very, very well with the documentation. I don't see why to argue so much
whether to help these non-english speakers and gain more usage for PHP or
not.

--
Maxim Maletsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]