> >  I've seen a big poster in my local Fullbright foundation represantive.
> > It says something like : "One of every four people on the earth knows
some
> > English".
> >
> Why does Billy localize M$ windows then? And, most importantly,  what
> would he sell without doing it? Remember, his users know basic IT english
> too.

MS made localization of WinXP and Office(wo documentation translated AFAIK).
The .bg goverment spent $13mil for 30,000 licenses over 3 years. This is why
MS
they translated the GUI. They claimed that they spent several millions of US
$ to do that.
However a 16 year old boy here made a translation pack (translates about 80%
of win98)
without the need of several millions.
The reason for buying these 30,000 licenses was
that XP is on bulgarian and the workers in the goverment will work better.
The question is
how these workers worked before. Maybe they used abacuses. When there is a
need
people _learn_. The process is maybe slow but..that's the way.

Anyway. Let's return on the localization of php.
I am not on php-general ever more but when I was there were plenty of people
that like
to ask on the forum instead of reading the documentation which is quite
clear. After that
localization the same people will start to ask questions with errors in
language other than
english. When this time comes many people will stop to help because they
don't know french,italian,
spanish, chinese, etc.

Andrey